There is nothing like a fresh bowl of chili on a fall or winter day to warm you up! This recipe is completely vegan and is a great source of healthy protein and carbohydrates. Add a little avocado at the end and you also have yourself some healthy fats.
I also designed this recipe for people who work or go to school all day. All you have to do is put the ingredients into a crockpot and when you get home, there will be a nice warm and comforting meal waiting for you.
- Photos: Heidi Lau Photography
- Creative Director: Lorrie Everitt
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can cooked black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced inion
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- sea salt to taste
- and if you want to sneak in some extra veggies you can make it more like a stew with carrots and celery!
- Add all the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours
- Optional: serve with fresh avocado or gluten free garlic toast with ghee
Please note: crockpots/slow cookers can vary greatly with heat and cooking time. Be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly.